18.1.13

Wait A Minute Mr Postmod

incidentally I just scrolllllled through my tumblr archive to find this post. It was from MARCH


also i am aware this is a quote which references an article is which someone else is quoted. Pastiche -  and that is not a half-pasty half-quiche


THE PAST IS GRRREAT BUT WE ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD THINGS THAT'S WHY ALL OLD MUSIC IS GOOD. THE CRAP FROM TODAY WON'T BE REMEMBERED. WE GOT THE BEST DEAL HERE IN THE 21ST CENTURY BECAUSE WE CAN SEE AND READ AND HEAR AND EAT AND WEAR AND MAKE WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT

************************

BUT I HAVE SUCH A LUST FOR LEARNING THAT I SPEND ALL MY TIME READING AND LOOKING AND HEARING AND SEEING AND THINKING AND NOT ENOUGH TIME MAKING OR DRAWING OR WRITING OR DOING


Is it because I am scared to put myself out there before I have all the info ("all the info" being an impossible, unknowable amount)? At uni I was terrible at not showing my work to anyone until it was completely finished. But I am not at university anymore, I am not being graded or evaluated or assessed by anybody. I have to keep actively reminding myself that I don't give a shit - because I honestly don't. A thought is a truth is a fact is a fact and an opinion is only what you make of it. I have to remind myself to do whatever I want to do because "those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment