14.1.10

WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUUUT?

We were asked why we want to do Fashion photography..like, what is the point in it?

For me I guess it is because I like photographs and I like imagery and fashion images are kind of the most relevant...to culture and society and to THE YOOF.



jak&jil

The zeitgeist at the moment is all about celebrity...ALL about famous people. Sometimes people are famous for a reason...some people become well-known just because they are cool. And sometimes people go on MTV and then milk their notoriety for all it's worth (which to be fair, is probably what I would do).

The only beef I have with this is not the Fame itself but all the people who read Star magazine as if it matters. They must be at least half stupid, sorry.

So I suppose the thing I am most interested in is personal style and individuality. Some people look good no matter what they wear and no matter who knows their name. I would like to do some shoots with people who aren't typical models and are not wearing anything from Miss Selfridge. Just to show people that THERE IS MORE, goddammit.

1 comment: